Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Negative Thoughts...

I had originally posted this on my Facebook page, but I also wanted to share it on my blog.

"Just wanted to share something I experienced today: Yesterday started out great but by late afternoon I really felt Gods presence wasn't with me! I felt so alone (in my spirit, b/c I was surrounded by my family), & even lashed out at one of my kids for spilling a drink on the table. This was the old me, not the new creation I've become in Christ... During my alone time this morning God spoke to my heart & showed me how my thoughts caused me to grieve the Holy Spirit & not feel Him. Earlier in the day I was upset that my hard-working hubby was getting a nice afternoon nap when I was exhausted! And then I started thinking about how he should be fixing up our basement (we had a flood & he's in the middle of fixing redoing the basement) instead of sleeping on the couch! And on and on I went with my thoughts! It was all downhill from that point in my day... All because I didn't tame my negative thoughts towards my husband. I am my husbands helpmeet! Proverbs 31:11-12 says that my hubby should trust me & I should enrich his life, bringing him good, not harm! Thanking God for His Holy Spirit that will convict my heart & lead me to His word to find truth and wisdom! So the lesson I learned is to be obedient to God not only with my actions but with my thoughts as well! Not feeling the presence of the Holy Spirit was awful and really reminded me that I cannot be the wife God calls me to be without Him!"

 In Christ,

Yasmin

No comments:

Post a Comment