Tuesday, November 22, 2011

November 22, 2011 - Proverbs 22

Today's Proverbs is Chapter 22.  The verse that speaks to most today is verse 6:
"Train up a child in the way he should go [and in keeping with his individual gift or bent], and when he is old he will not depart from it." (Amplified version)

Since I've been home I have been making a better effort to train up my children in our faith.  And not only in our faith, but to give them opportunity to find/share their talents with us.  For Kaity, we've definitely found her talent in art - she loves to draw and do animations. So I encourage her to illustrate some Bible verses and she even started animating the creation from Genesis.  What a blessing!
Marissa and JJ are still trying to hone in their talents, but we will get there.
I pray that the faith I try to instill in them will keep them on the straight and narrow... but even if they should steer off course at some point (though prayerfully they will not!), I pray that these truths that were instilled in them as young children will help to bring them back.  I have to remember that this verse is not a promise - but like the prodigal son returning to his father (Luke 15:11-32), I pray that if any of my children were to go astray, they will be lead back by the convictions in their hearts and the gentle whisperings of the Holy Spirit.

In Christ,

Yasmin

No comments:

Post a Comment