Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Easy to be Lazy...

It’s so easy for me to forget why I wanted to stay at home with my kids.  There are days where taking care of my 4 kids (3 kids and one infant), cleaning, figuring out breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, snack, snack, dinner, snack, etc. can just get overwhelming for me.  And the dishes will pile up from breakfast, lunch, and snacks and I will sit at the sofa feeding my 3 week old for the 100th time today (he breastfeeds, so it seems like he’s just always on me) and get in a funk.  And a scene will play out in my head where my husband comes home and I will give him my most tired look, hair all crazy, one breast in my sons mouth while trying to fold clothes with one hand and say “I’m exhausted! The kids ate (cereal, pizza, popcorn) for dinner, just get something for yourself.”  I can fall into that so easily...



But then I remember why I wanted to stay at home.  I want to be the wife/mother/woman that God created me to be.  I think of the famous Proverbs 31 woman who did it all and still was able to dress nicely for her husband.  I don’t want my husband to come home to a messy house, rambunctious children, and a sloppy wife - and no dinner to top it all off!  I want him to come home and feel relaxed as soon as he walks in - knowing that he’s come to his house and he can be at peace in it and know that he will always have something to fill his stomach after a hard day at work.  After all, I’m asking him to provide for his family while I stay at home now - that’s a tall order!  I used to be the main income - the one with the good job with good benefits... but I’m giving all that up to be something more than that and now my husband has to take that weight onto his shoulders.  I can at least make it easier for him by keeping up the home.

Lord help me remember the woman you made me to be and never become lazy and complacent.

1 comment:

  1. Preach it sista! I totally feel you! Thank you for the wonderful reminder that although we don't have to be 'super mom' we need to do our best :)

    ReplyDelete