Friday, July 1, 2011

Introducing Samuel Elijah Alberto!

Our fourth child (2nd son) was born on June 20, 2011 at 11:51pm.  He weighed in at 7lbs 10oz and 19.5 inches long.  It's hard to describe how wonderful it feels to have him in our lives... Samuel is truly a gift from God.

I will never forget the first feeling I felt when the midwife first held him up to me - complete surprise! I don't know why or how it was possible to feel surprised - being that I felt him growing in me for 40 weeks and 1 day.  I guess I can just say that it didn't really feel real until I actually saw him in front of me.  It's odd to say that I was surprised to see my little infant after going through labor and pushing him out of me - but I really was.  And then I wanted nothing more than to know he was OK and to hold him and never let go.  I want to enjoy every last minute of him because I know he is our last baby - though the thought of his preciousness makes me want to have 3 more!!
I thank God every day for him and for my other three children... just like I can't imagine my life without my first three, I know can't imagine having to have lived my life without our little Samuel Elijah.  I just found out today that Samuel means "God heard".  And all I can say is that God did hear - He listened to my quiet prayers of having a big family and being a better mom & wife than I had been.  Samuel is here and has changed my life (our lives) for the better.
I love you little Samuel and thank you God for hearing my prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment