Friday, January 27, 2012

Attack of the Junk Food!!

I am sick! Like sick to my stomach, sick.  As I sit and write this post I'm drinking water to try to cleanse my insides... let me explain.

For four days I drank nothing but water and a few cups of coffee.  My first meal off my period of drinking water was Frosted Flakes... and that's when my senses were attacked!  It was as if I took a bowl of sugar, mixed it with some milk, and just swallowed it for breakfast.  It never hit me how much sugar is in this cereal until this morning.  I vow to never buy it again (though I can't say the same for my husband, whose favorite cereal it is).

JunkFood
Then I had an American cheese grilled cheese sandwich for lunch (one of my favorite meals) and again my stomach turned.  Suddenly this once delicious sandwich left a sour taste in my mouth and my stomach.

Then, because I like to torture myself, we had chinese food for dinner.  I will save you the gory details of how I felt after just eating half of my meal.  And to top off this attack on my poor stomach, my husband came home with what is usually a treat for me: a pack of M&M's!  Trying to be the loving wife that I am, I graciously accepted his gift and ripped open the little yellow bag and swallowed two before they had a chance!  But I only ate two more after that and I was done... my body has shut down and refuses to eat/smell/think of food.

So now I reflect on all this and think that maybe God is trying to open my eyes to my unhealthy eating habits.  I'm definitely going to do some research and see how I can change my eating habits... maybe challenge myself to eat more raw veggies and cut out the junk.  We'll see where this leads, but somethings GOT to change!

In Christ,








If you'd like to leave a comment, please visit Growing P31 Woman on Facebook: Click here