Thursday, January 19, 2012

Refining Fire

Wow - can I tell you that God is GOOD?!  It is amazing what He has shown me these past few days... it's almost too much for me to even grasp.  He is so good.

This past year, my prayer to God was for Him to empty me of me and fill me with Him. To break me down and get rid of all my iniquities, and fill me with His Holy Spirit.  I prayed for God to use me and all that I have for His glory.

The one thing I have always struggled with was my temper and my patience (or lack thereof).  It's gotten me in trouble since the first grade!  But God has shown me that all the things that have been going on in my life, He has allowed - for His glory.  He is working out of me these bad things that hold me back from fully being that Proverbs 31 woman I so desperately want to be!

God has been at work refining me with fire - removing my impurities!  Zechariah 13:9 says "This third I will bring into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people,’ and they will say, 'The Lord is our God.'"

I know He has my family in His hands, He has Marissa in His hands.  I know she will be OK, because He is using this situation, that maybe the enemy meant for evil, for a good thing and I am coming out of it refined and tested.  So I thank the Lord for all He is doing and I will continue to daily lift my voice and my hands in prayer and praise to the One who loved me enough to put me through a fire!

To read more about God's refining fire, please read The Refiner's Fire, by God is Love.  It really blessed me this morning.

In Christ,






If you'd like to leave a comment, please visit Growing P31 Woman on Facebook: Click here