Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Marissa's Journey - Homeschooling, YES!

homeschooling1-300x231
So if you've been following my blog, you know about the journey Marissa is going through with her stress and anxiety.  In my last post, we were thinking about pulling her out of public school and homeschooling her.  I am happy to say that we have gone in this direction!

My hubby is still very much against homeschooling, though he's laxed a bit on thinking all homeschooling is wrong.

A dear sister from church invited me over and shared some of her homeschooling wisdom, as well as some of her resources and books (for which I will forever be grateful).  I've even enrolled Marissa in a french class through the local homeschooling co-op!

I'm super excited and can't wait to start next Monday (I took the suggestion of many of my blogging friends who said to take a week off to relax!).  But I have to say this: in the ONE DAY that Marissa has been out of school, she has been eating like crazy, slept all the way through the night and took a nap this afternoon, and has been reading almost non-stop!  She was all smiles all day and there was NO melt down at bedtime!  None!! Granted, I'm allowing her to sleep in the living room with me in order to just give her body some rest.  I know many people will think I'm giving into her (including me), but she is RESTING and I think that's more important than anything.  She knows this isn't a permanent situation, but for now it's working fine.

I'm praying that all will go well and hubby will let me homeschool the other two starting September, but for now I'm enjoying God's blessing on Marissa.  He is so good and I know if I give it all to Him, everything will be fine.  All I want in my life is His will - whatever that may be!

Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement!

In Christ,








If you'd like to leave a comment, please visit Growing P31 Woman on Facebook: Click here