Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Compassion (Luke 7:13)

I'm reading through Luke in 26 days with Moms Toolbox. Today is day #8 and we are reading chapter seven.


Scripture: Luke 7:13
"When the Lord saw her, his heart overflowed with compassion..."
Observation:
Jesus came upon a funeral procession for the only son of a widow.  Seeing that she was a widow and this was her only son, Jesus had compassion for her.

Application:
I love this verse because it shows how much Jesus loved us.  The picture those words make for me "His heart overflowed with compassion...", I can just see His face as He gazes upon this woman that has lost everything - because our children are everything to us!  I am thankful for this verse because it shows me God's heart.

Prayer:
God, thank you for being love. You have so much compassion for this world, but they just don't see it! All I keep hearing is, "If God is real, why would He allow this... or that..."  It gets me so angry some times because I know you are the definition of LOVE and you have so much compassion for us. Thank you for your compassion on people who need it the most!

In Jesus' Mighty name, Amen.







If you'd like to leave a comment, please visit Growing P31 Woman on Facebook: Click here