Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Proof is in the Pudding (Luke 3:8)



I'm reading through Luke in 26 days. Today is day #4 and we are reading chapter three.


Scripture: Luke 3:8
"Prove by the way you live that you have repented of your sins and turned to God. Don't just say to each other, 'We're safe, for we are descendants of Abraham.' That means nothing, for I tell you, God can create children of Abraham from these very stones."

Observation:
I love how John just cuts everyone down to size! Don't think you are so haughty because you are a descendent of Abraham - God doesn't need you! Even if there were no humans left on earth, the rocks would cry out to God (Luke 19:40).

Application:
Ah, but I could look at so many people in my life who claim to be Christians and say 'yes, this applies to you, you, and most definitely you!'... but the hard reality is that I have to look within myself and make sure that I am bearing the fruit of my own salvation!  When I complain and grumble or I'm lazy and selfish, I'm not proving with my lifestyle that I have repented of my sins and turn to God.  Yes, some others may be more obvious than mine - that person that goes to church on Sunday and repents, but then is living in obvious, loud, in your face sin is that same as the quiet person that sins behind closed doors. Sin is sin before God, there aren't various degrees of sin where one is more appropriate than another.  So I look to my own life and check myself so that my life can be proof positive of the great salvation my Jesus has done in me!


Prayer:
Jesus, help me to not trample on the blood of Jesus by not living in a way worthy of your death.  It breaks my heart when I find sin in my life and I think "this is what Jesus died for? His blood was spilled for my sin of laziness? I mean, really?"  I pray that Your Holy Spirit would help me do the impossible: live this Christian life worthy of Your holy blood!

In Jesus name, Amen.









If you'd like to leave a comment, please visit Growing P31 Woman on Facebook: Click here