Sunday, December 11, 2011

What Goes Down the Well, Comes Up in the Bucket (Luke 6:45)



I'm reading through Luke in 26 days with Moms Toolbox. Today is day #7 and we are reading chapter six.

Scripture: Luke 6:45
"A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart."
Observation:
Jesus was teaching His disciples with these verses.  This one in particular is teaching the disciples that they have to guard their heart, because what you say will reflect whether your heart is good or evil.

Application:
My pastor once said: "What goes down the well, comes up in the bucket!" and it's always stuck with me.  What we take in, the music we listen to, the tv shows or movies we watch, the books we read - they all get put into our heart. And what we speak will be a reflection of that.  But if we put our focus on God and only put what is good and acceptable to Him before us, then what treasures will come out of our mouths?!  For this reason I have stopped watching TV on my own (only when the family sits to watch it together); instead I try to spend my days listening to worship music or sermons, or in prayer to God, or sometimes I even listen to old radio shows for fun!

Prayer:
God, I pray that I would just concentrate on You and that my heart and my words would be a reflection of that. I pray that even my thoughts would be pleasing to you, Father God.

In Jesus' Mighty name, Amen.








If you'd like to leave a comment, please visit Growing P31 Woman on Facebook: Click here