Thursday, December 15, 2011

Welcoming (Luke 9:11)

I'm reading through Luke in 26 days with Moms Toolbox. Today is day #10 and we are reading chapter nine.


Scripture: Luke 9:11
"But the crowds found out where he was going, and they followed him. He welcomed them and taught them about the Kingdom of God, and he healed those who were sick."
Observation:
Jesus had slipped away quietly from the crowd, but when they found Him, He didn't rebuke them! No, he welcomed them and taught them and healed them.

Application:
Oh sweet, sweet conviction of God that comes from reading His word.  How many times have I tried to slip away from my children and into my bedroom or the bathroom, only to have them find me a few minutes later.  Many times I will tell them to let me have a few minutes to myself and send them on their way.  But Jesus? He welcomed them... and not only did He welcome them, but He taught them... and not only did He teach them but He healed them!  This is a true example of what I need to do.  This is not to say that we don't need some uninterrupted quiet time with God - many times Jesus left His disciples so He could go pray.  But more often then not, when my children seek me out, I'm just reading a book or doing something for me.  How much of a blessing would it be to them if instead of rebuking them and telling them to leave, instead I welcomed them into my bed, taught them about the scriptures I was reading, and prayed healing words over them?

Prayer:
Father God, you are wonderful, and mighty, and awesome! Thank you for your Word.  Please allow me to see my children as Jesus saw the crowds of people that were following Him like sheep following their Shepherd.  Allow my heart to be soft towards their need to be welcomed, taught, and healed.  Help me to follow the example You left me!

In Jesus' Mighty name, Amen.







If you'd like to leave a comment, please visit Growing P31 Woman on Facebook: Click here