Friday, December 9, 2011

Holy Spirit filled!! (Luke 4:1)



I'm reading through Luke in 26 days. Today is day #5 and we are reading chapter four.



Scripture: Luke 4:1
"Then Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan River. He was led by the Spirit in the wilderness,"

Observation:
After Jesus was baptized, He was full of the Holy Spirit.  The same Holy Spirit led Him into the wilderness where he was tempted by the Devil himself.

Application:
The first thing that caught me with this verse is that Jesus was FULL of the Holy Spirit. When you are full, you can't have anymore. So if I'm eating and I say "I'm full!", that means I can't eat another bite.  Or when I take my car to the gas station and say "Fill 'er up!", that means to put gas into the car until you can't put anymore gas in. So to be full of the Holy Spirit means that you are so filled with the spirit that your own self can't be in you. I think that's awesome and I pray that I be spirit-filled on a daily basis!  The second thing that interested me in this verse was that the Holy Spirit led Jesus to be tempted in the wilderness.  We always try to get away from our temptations and ask God to remove temptation and evil in our lives... but the spirit actually led Jesus to His temptation.  Maybe some of our temptation is spirit-led.  Maybe if we are filled with the Holy Spirit, we can overcome those temptations, and all for the glory of God.  Next time I'm tempted in some area of my life, I will remember this verse and pray that I would be filled with the Holy Spirit to overcome it!


Prayer:
Father God, please forgive me of my sins today and let your Holy Spirit fill my entire being until it's overflowing out of me! I don't want any of me to be in this body anymore, just your Holy Spirit!

In Jesus name, Amen.









If you'd like to leave a comment, please visit Growing P31 Woman on Facebook: Click here