Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fear (Luke 8:37)



I'm reading through Luke in 26 days with Moms Toolbox. Today is day #9 and we are reading chapter eight.



Scripture: Luke 8:37
"And all the people in the region of the Gerasenes begged Jesus to go away and leave them alone, for a great wave of fear swept over them.

So Jesus returned to the boat and left, crossing back to the other side of the lake.
"
Observation:
Jesus healed a man filled with many demons - and the crowds reaction to this miracle was fear.

Application:
I guess this really speaks to me now because my daughter is going through a period of fear and anxiety. A bully was picking on her at school and it really has brought upon a real spirit of fear, to the point that she is even afraid of God.  I remind her of all the great ways that God has shown his love to us and read her verses about God being light and love... but she's still afraid.  So her reaction kind of reminds me of the reaction of the people in the region of the Gerasenes.  I can understand this though because there was a time that I was very afraid of God as well - it's just the idea of such a great and powerful God is too big for my little mind to comprehend.

Prayer:
Father God, I pray that we would never ask you to leave our presence because of fear of You. You are Love defined and You have shown Your love towards us from the day Eve sinned in the garden.  Please allow Marissa's heart to be open to your loving grace again. 

In Jesus' Mighty name, Amen.








If you'd like to leave a comment, please visit Growing P31 Woman on Facebook: Click here