Friday, December 16, 2011

Filled with Light (Luke 11:34)



I'm reading through Luke in 26 days with Moms Toolbox. Today is day #12 and we are reading chapter eleven.


Scripture: Luke 11:34
"Your eye is a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light. But when it is bad, your body is filled with darkness."
Observation:
Prior to this verse, Jesus was speaking on the fact that people keep asking for miraculous signs. But He was the miracle and they refused to see that.  Someone greater than any of the past prophets was right infront of them, and all they focused on was more miracles.

Application:
This verse really spoke to me because I've recently stopped watching TV for myself. I will watch TV with my family if we are watching a show together, but other than that, the TV is off.  At first it was kind of hard, and sometimes I will catch a commercial for one of my shows and a little part of me says "oooh, just one episode!!", but no.  I really want to put nothing but God's word in front of my eyes. I want to see the goodness of God as much as I have power over it.  When everyone is at work/school, I have the power to put goodness before me. When my husband is home, maybe not so much, but I also have the power to get up and go somewhere else (if I don't agree with the show).  The same goes for my children.  My daughter has nightmares now because of things she has seen on TV with her father.  She suffers from it now and we are working on it, but this is why it is important to only fill your eyes with light and God.


Prayer:
Dear Father, please help me to continue to fill my body with You and all things related to You.  I pray that my children might also know the importance of being careful with what they put infront of their eyes not only at home but at school as well.  You are Light and if we focus on You, then our bodies will be filled with the Light of God. Thank you, Father, for allowing us to be filled with You!

In Jesus' Mighty name, Amen.







If you'd like to leave a comment, please visit Growing P31 Woman on Facebook: Click here