Tuesday, December 6, 2011

He Has Done Great Things for Me! (Luke 1:49)

Scripture: Luke 1:49
"For the Mighty One is holy, and he has done great things for me."

Observation:
Mary was praising God for the blessings she has received from Him.

Application:
Amen!  I look back at my life now and can really see the great things God has done for me.  Even in the midst of my sin, when I didn't know Him or care to know Him, He took care of me and led my life to a place where I would one day have my eyes open to my sin and a choice to accept Him into my life or continue on in my broad, sinful path.  I was once nothing but a girl who hung out on the streets drinking, partying, smoking, stealing, and so much more... and now I am a wife to a wonderful man, mother of four beautiful healthy children, living in a house, knitting, blogging, being a homemaker, having godly sister-friends, going to Bible studies, truly having a church family, and so much more. It's like night and day - my old life and my new life in Christ.  God has truly done great things for me and I stand amazed at it all.

Prayer:
Father God, as I reflect on the many great things you've done in my life (too many to name here), I am just grateful and humbled.  Mary could at least say that she was your lowly servant girl, and you blessed her. But me? I was more like your enemy, trampling all over the blood of Jesus on a daily basis - but you still chose me and have done great thing for me. Once again I thank you - though those words just don't seem like they are enough, but I will repeat them over and over for the rest of this life and then for the rest of eternity in my next life. Thank you, Father, for all you have done!  In Jesus name, Amen.







If you'd like to leave a comment, please visit Growing P31 Woman on Facebook: Click here