Saturday, December 10, 2011

Jesus Came for the Sick (Luke 5:31)



I'm reading through Luke in 26 days with Moms Toolbox. Today is day #6 and we are reading chapter five.



Scripture: Luke 5:31
"Jesus answered them, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do."
Observation:
This was Jesus' response to the Pharisees & religious teachers who were complaining that Jesus was eating with "scum": tax collectors.

Application:
This verse is such a GREAT reminder to me to not think too much of myself.  Yes, I want to grow in the Lord and be a great godly example to my daughters and other young girls in the church - but Jesus didn't come for the healthy, he came for the sick.  I need to remind myself of this when I think I have it all together and have young ladies in church coming to me for advice on marriage... don't stand on my high horse giving out advice and thinking I'm so mighty. No, I need to bow before Jesus every night and remember all my sins and repent of them.  I am a sinner that needs Jesus on a daily basis... if I feel I'm not a sinner, then I don't need Jesus and He didn't come for me.

Prayer:
Abba Father, I pray that I would be reminded that I am a sinner and that I need Jesus to be forgiven of my sins to have a relationship with You!  I can only be strong in this life by claiming the blood of Jesus everyday and remembering that without Him, I am nothing but a sinner.  Thank you for your sacrifice!

In Jesus' Mighty name, Amen.









If you'd like to leave a comment, please visit Growing P31 Woman on Facebook: Click here